What is the best free video editing software program for Windows users? You can find a great number of free video editing software for Windows PC through the Internet, but generally speaking, most of video editing software for Windows don’t deliver the same quality that you would probably expect from commercial software like Filmora Video Editor. However, we help you to pick up top best free video editor software for PC. Let’s take a look at some of the 5 best free video editing software for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista.
Recommendation: The Best Video Editing Software for Windows
Filmora Video Editor is a highly recommended Windows video editing software. This video editing software for Windows is easy to use and helps you to make good-looking videos with a broad range of effects.
Why Choose Filmora as the Best Video Editing Software for Windows
- Edit videos in easy mode and full feature mode.
- Easily trim, rotate, split, crop, combine videos.
- Come with 300+ effects to make your video special.
- You can apply filter, overley, PIP, face-off, and more to video.
- Directly export video to any formats or to YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Top 5 Best Free Video Editing Software for Windows
- Windows Movie Maker
- Ezvid Free Video Editing Software
- Blender free video editing software
#1. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is free video editing software for Windows with the help of which you can convert the MP4 to WMV. It has unlimited storage and space facility which is a great advantage for the people. This website provides a good resource for encoding your media files from MP4 to WMV format and enjoy. You will be able to choose the conversion quality and also some of the advanced options like FPS, resolution and Video Bitrate etc.
- Easy to use.
- Allows you to easily import videos and pictures and make your videos perfect.
- Enables you to share your movies on YouTube and other video sharing websites.
- It is not user-friendly for Windows 7 and XP as it is only designed for Vista only.
- Very limited as far as functionality is concerned.
Supported platform: It is designed for Windows Vista only.
Download Windows Movie Maker >>
VirtualDub is a free video editing software for Windows PC designed for frame capture of video files only that can accomplish just any task for cleaning and trimming videos. The software is capable of changing the original audio of the video, cutting and splitting videos and extending the number of formats to work with. It is mostly best at processing AVI files but it does not have the advanced editing capabilities like most software. The software comes with capture features for VFD drivers for the AVI2 files created when capturing videos with your TV tuner or any other external device.
- For a 1.4MB software its features are just incredible.
- It has user friendly interface.
- It is very reliable when it comes to the most essential editing.
- It is extremely clear and simple to use.
- It does not support a lot of video formats like MPEG2 and QuickTime.
Supported platform: Supports Windows 95/ 98, Windows XP, Vista and Windows NT.
Download VirtualDub >>
#3. Ezvid Free Video Editing Software
Ezvid Free Video Editing Software is thought to be the world’s best free video editor software for Windows because it is the only free software for Windows that can capture computer screen with just one click of a button. It is the all-in-one video editing software hence you can do a lot with it. What more, it is much easier to use compared to the rest of the free editing programs. It features a unique speech synthesis feature known as the ‘text-to-speech’ system that allows you to convert normal text into a computer language.
- You can upload your videos directly to YouTube.
- The software is completely free of any cost.
- It can make a video or a slideshow in less than three minutes.
- To be able to download and use the software no registration is needed.
- To install the software you don’t require any codec packs.
- It does not give you options to save or export your videos to your Vimeo, computer or Facebook but only on YouTube.
- It takes quite some time to record like 45 minutes maximum.
Supported platform: It supports all Windows platforms including Windows 8, Windows 7, XP SP3 and Vista.
Download Ezvid Free Video Editing Software >>
Avidemux is another free video editor for Windows that can perform all sorts of edits. It is easy to use and can import and export audio from and to video, cut, delete and crop parts of videos, add subtitles and visual and audio effects. In addition, it has been around for a very long time and provides all the most needed features for video editing.
Key feature: It is able to transform a video format into another as it supports a large number of formats which can prove to be difficult for most free software.
- It has a simple and intuitive interface.
- Very easy to download and install.
- Comes with advanced features.
- Offers detailed tutorial to newbie’s.
- It can be a little difficult to understand how the program works especially if it’s your first to use it but the good thing is that it comes with a very detailed tutorial.
Supported platform: Windows 7 including 32 bit and 64 bit, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Vista.
Download Avidemux >>
#5. Blender free video editing software
Blender free video editing software for Windows PC is another excellent free video editing software that features a great list of animation essentials such as UV unwrapping, modeling, real-time 3D, animation, shading, rigging, interface, rendering and many others.
Key feature: It has a feature packed interface that includes useful and intrinsic tools making it more reliable than most free editing programs.
- It’s very versatile and lightweight.
- Perfect for designers, graphic artists and 3D enthusiasts.
- It comes with so many savvy features.
- Offers quality professional 3D at no cost.
- Like Avidemux, newbie’s might find it a bit complicated to understand how to use blender but with time this becomes a past tense.
Supported platform: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Vista.